There are very few Entrepreneurs who blog; even fewer are those who create inspiring, non-boring content that you can learn from and immediately implement their ideas in your business. The main benefit of being able to provide such useful content to your audience is that you become a trusted resource in the minds, someone that they get to know, like and also eventually buy from. At the end of the day, aren’t we all in business to make a profit?
In order for us to learn how to become the trusted resource in our niche, I invited David Siteman Garland the host of The Rise To The Top and the author of Smarter, Faster, Cheaper: Non-Boring, Fluff-Free Strategies for Marketing and Promoting Your Business. Full disclosure; I am a huge fan, and I have his audio podcasts on speed dial on my iPhone for when I need my daily doses of inspiration. That said, my goal today is to have him share his personal experience promoting and marketing his business and to highlight the experiences of other successful Entrepreneurs who he has interviewed over the years.
Right Click Here To Download The Video MP4 Version Of This Interview
Right Click Here To Download The Audio MP3 Version Of This Interview
During the interview, David explains:
- Why he wrote his new book, the need he saw and how the book attempts to fill it.
- How marketing and promotion of businesses as we know it has changed
- What the Smarter, Faster, Cheaper approach is all about
- How companies become more human, personable and approachable
- How Entrepreneurs can become trusted resources in their niche and standout from the crowd
- Why creating content and becoming a media source is the way to go
- How to use videos for marketing and why you should focus on function and not being viral
- The steps for building a passionate community eager to consume your content and take desired action
- How to network online by using your content as a digital handshake
- How to take your online networking to the next level by taking it offline
David Siteman Garland is the Founder of The Rise To The Top, The #1 Non-Boring Resource For Building Your Business Smarter, Faster, Cheaper. He writes/hosts RISE, a web show for entrepreneurs, forward-thinkers, business owners and marketers, as well as The Rise To The Top TV show on ABC.
Connect with David Siteman Garland:
Via his company website www.TheRiseToTheTop.com
On Twitter @therisetothetop
Buy his new book book (I totally recommend it and here is my affiliate link)
Question for you:
From your perspective how has marketing and promoting a business changed? Also what additional steps can we take to become a trusted resource?